Whether you are divorced or never married, it can be challenging to determine if someone really loves you. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if it were as simple as plucking petals off of a flower declaring he loves me… he loves me not? Ahhh, yes, but life is not that simple.
Many of us have strong beliefs about what love is or what and how it should be. Oftentimes these are preconceived notions from our past relationships and our parents’ relationship. Also we get our beliefs from outside influences such as movies, books and television. Because of these beliefs, some of us may not realize the real thing when it comes our way. Or, we may not see it because we have been hurt too many times and have built up walls to protect ourselves.
When you are involved with a man (or woman) there is usually one question that often pops into your mind and that is: What does he really feel about me?
So how do you know if he (or she) is in love with you? If they show these 10 signs, then it is a safe bet. (Though I use the term man, most of these signs can also be used for women).
1. You are treated with respect. When a man loves you, he cares about the details of your life. He will value your opinions, celebrate your accomplishments and encourage you when you fall.
2. He wants to be with you, a lot. If your man wants to spend time with you, he will move mountains to see you. Also, if he often texts, calls or emails you throughout the day, he’s got you on his mind. This is clearly a sign that his feelings are strong.
3. He compromises. Love can soften the most stubborn of hearts. When your guy starts to meet you in the middle on topics he usually doesn’t budge on, it shows he’s leading more with his heart than his head. Signs of selflessness are huge indicators of love.
4. He touches you in public. This may seem like no big thing to women, but public displays of affection mean something to men. When he puts his arm around you in public or holds your hand, he is proudly announcing to the world that you are together.
5. He wants to take care of you. When a man wants to make things better for a woman, it’s a sign he cares deeply for you. It can be by pampering you, buying you nice gifts, making sure you have eaten dinner, this shows his concern for your well-being. In essence, he wants to see you happy and comfortable and by doing that he is saying I love you.
6. If he is excited for you to meet the people closest to him that is a good sign. If he wants you to meet his best friend, or his family, his kids, take that as a step in the right direction. Men typically don't just bring any girl home with them to meet the family.
7. He’s not afraid to fight or apologize. Most guys do not like to fight or talk things through when they are upset, but when the person is truly important to them, he will listen, fight fair, and want to resolve things well. Love is dropping the pride, and admitting when you’re wrong and apologizing.
8. Making love is more than sex. When you become intimate with each other there is a deep connection that you can feel in your soul. No words are necessary.
9. He talks about the future. If he talks about where he sees himself next year and includes you, or invites you to his friend’s wedding six months from now, or he “jokes” about having children together someday, these are clear-cut signs he’s very much into you and sees you in his future.
10. He tells you so. When he tells you he loves you, believe him. A man in love cannot keep it to himself.
Do you think I missed anything? Would love to hear from you?
Has been writing most of her adult life on various topics important to women and children. If you are contemplating divorce, then you should check out her e-book.
Click Here! for a free Reiki energy infused bracelet.